A collection of links that I’ve been using recently for research.
Servos and robotics
- Hitec HS-422 Servo. The servos I currently have; likely not suitable for use as actual leg servos due to lack of torque. Useful link as www.superdroidrobots.com has links to the spec sheet for the servo and a selection of different spec servos with corresponding prices. More useful to me than the actual Hitec website as that doesn’t list relative prices. Less useful to me than a UK supplier.
- Servo power and speed. What the spec sheet figures mean. Also ServoCity has another useful list of comparative prices for various servos…
- Society of Robots, USB Servo controller. This was vaguely useful when I was trying to work out how to build the electronics I needed; in the end it wasn’t really what I needed. Something that looks more useful to me are the mechanics tutorials…
- Servo Magazine - looks interesting, perhaps.
- TomboT - Tom Elnar’s website - useful robotics stuff.
- Serial Wombat Servo Controller - something for ideas regarding how to control the servo controller.
- Dick Cappel’s Project Pages - a useful collection of non-trivial AVR assembler examples.
- AVR Tutorial - another useful assembly language tutorial.